Caption Contest Rules
- Participants must write an original caption of 150 words or less for the featured photograph.
- Participants can choose to write the caption in English, Hindi or Urdu. Entries must be submitted on the SPAN website. Please do not send entries by email or post.
- Each participant is allowed to submit only one entry.
- No copyrighted or plagiarized material may be submitted. Such entries will be disqualified.
- The submissions should not contain any of the following: profanity; vulgarity; obscene or pornographic content; hate or racist speech; disruptive or hostile remarks; threats of violence; interpersonal disputes; attempts to hide or misspell offensive content; advertisements for items, services or commercial websites, including offers to trade, “wanted” posts or charitable solicitations.
- The contest is open to all Indian citizens residing in India. Employees of the U.S. government and their families are not eligible for participation.
- The person submitting the answers will be considered the contestant and will be the only person eligible to receive the prize.
- Six participants will win goodie bags.
- The names of the winners will be announced on SPAN facebook page. SPAN magazine’s decision, with regard to the winners, will be final and binding.
By entering the contest you agree that:
- SPAN magazine reserves the right to disqualify any Entry for any reason, in its sole and absolute discretion. SPAN magazine is under no obligation to disclose why an Entry has been disqualified. Furthermore, SPAN magazine reserves the right to not award any prize if, in its sole and absolute discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified entries in the entry period.
- Entries will not be acknowledged and will not be received or held “in confidence” and a submission does not create a confidential relationship or obligation of secrecy between the participant and SPAN magazine or any of its affiliates.
- By submitting an Entry, the participant agrees to transfer all copyright on the submitted captions to SPAN magazine. The participant warrants and represents that he/she consents to the submission and use of the Entry in the Contest, and to its posting on other U.S. government web pages and/or publications.
- SPAN magazine is not responsible for any unauthorized third party use of any Entry.
- SPAN magazine is not responsible for and shall not be liable for: electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures or difficulties of any kind, including without limitation, server malfunction or for any human, typographical, printing or other error relating to or in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, errors which may occur in the administration of the Contest, processing of entries; the announcement of the prize or in any Contest-related materials, failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmissions; late, lost, misdirected or incomplete entries; any condition caused by events that may cause the Contest to be disrupted or corrupted; or any damage to prizes during shipping or delivery.